Sunday, February 26, 2006

Scrapbook Expo!

I got back late last night from a fun weekend in Los Gatos visiting my sister. We went to the scrapbook expo in San Jose, and then to lunch & shopping in Los Gatos.

First, the scrapbook fun:

My mom, sister, & I found these fun "books" to create. I'm doing a "I Hope You Dance" girl one for Olivia. And "A little boy's will is as the wind's will" for Brandon. Besides that I liked how they looked, I thought the quote for Brandon was too appropriate!













After that we stopped by the SEI booth, where we found some fun LOs to copy. Yeah, I'm not too creative on my own. I can use a BH LO design & use my own paper, or I can fully copy (I won't lie & say scraplift, I fully copy!) someone else's. Sometimes it's just a lot easier to copy. And these LO's work great for me!

This Twitterpated LO will be perfect as "Doggy Love" with Brandon & Bailey. Sadly, Bailey won't be around for too many more years, and I want Brandon to be able to look back & at least remember thru pictures & my scrapbooks about the relationship they had.


Sweetie will be perfect for my new little girl. I'm thinking that it can be for my belly shots & ultrasounds OR for a new baby LO in our family album. Not sure, but I really like the colors & the look of the B/W photos. I may use this more as inspiration, but I did buy the papers :)


I also had Kathy take pictures of the Softy LO. I bought the pack of papers last year before Brandon was born, so I have a few left. I wanted to pick up a couple more sheets that I used on this LO of Brandon, so I can do it again for Olivia.



I also really like the LO featured. I have the paper already, but I'm thinking it could work for one of her early LOs in her album.















After all that fun (we spent FOREVER at the SEI booth), I headed back over to check out the new Basic Grey. I'm late to that bandwagon, and I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I'm getting drawn to it! I especially like the new sets, but I was good & only got the new Baby Girl collection & monograms.




Unfortunately, once I got in the car to go home I realized "olivia" has 2 "i"s & if I want to spell her name out I need another set. I guess I'll deal with that later:)

Unfortunately, there was no KI Memories to be found! I'm on a mission for this album and a couple sheets from the My Guy line. Again, I know I'm late on the bandwagon, but I didn't know I was even having a girl until December. And trust me, I was looking for this album before then. At least it's available online. I just wish I didn't have to pay shipping.


Once we left the Expo, we all headed back to Los Gatos for lunch at Willow Street Pizza. I've now eaten there twice in the last month, I think more times that I'd been there previously! It's so nice having Kathy live right there off of University! Mom wasn't feeling well, so we took her back to the apartment & Kathy & I headed out to shop. We didn't buy anything, but we had a great time! And it was so nice to have Brandon at home so I didn't have to deal with his impatience & stroller!

No comments: