Thursday, July 12, 2007

when life gives you limes...

I'm just having WAY too much fun with my margarita stamp! I case'd the idea for the limes from Julie Ebersole over on Paper Truffles . I used the spiral daisy stamp in white craft & embossed it with white embossing powder (not SU & so annoying...it's starting to clump up!). Anyhow, I punched that out of the certainly celery with my 1" punch, then I used Kathy's 1 1/4" punch in old olive for the rind. So cool!


I made the first one here last weekend at my parents' when Kathy was up. I didn't have the cool "When life gives you limes" stamp that I've been drooling over...I *love* A Muse! So of course I headed over to Paper Garden in Sac on Tues when I was supposed to be heading to work! Yay! Amuse-a-palooza was going on so I got to do a make & take. And I got to try out Copic markers...SOLD! I didn't get any since I was picking up a couple of stamps, some more stickles, and a tray for embossing (to make clean up easier).


So as soon as I could, I got to work & made card #2! And I even used some old KI Memories patterned paper...woo-hoo! I'm so pleased with myself! This time I was able to use my new lime green stickles on the rim, which I like better than the clear. I know it's supposed to be salt & not green, but it shows up better this way. And of course I used my crystal effects that Stephanie Nishikawa made up for me (well, and other shoppers too). So happy!

No comments: