Monday, June 04, 2007

a few more cards

I have been stampin' up a storm today (ha, pun not intended but perfect!). I made three cards this afternoon, & could've done more if my son had cooperated & napped. But, he's 2 so it's not like he's got "cooperate" in his vocabulary!

The first card I made I posted earlier for Beate's challenge (my #3 for her #4).

Then I saw some leftover paper I got to do Olivia's first birthday scrapbook pages with (but didn't). I thought it would work with certainly celery, which it did. And not much else! But I got a card done with scraps & a little ribbon. So I can't really complain. I used my Fun Filled stamp set, which I haven't used except for Olivia's birthday invitations.

This next card I used more of the "birthday" paper. This time the polka-dot. I mounted it on white & then on a celery card (that is a scrap itself; I punched a flower out of it for something else but it's covered up now...at least on the outside!). Then I stamped from Baby Talk in cameo coral on white, mounted it on cameo coral, added a bit of celery grosgrain, and voila. Not my favorite, but it came out okay. And I leared that some paper just doesn't go with anything but the paper it came with, so I tossed the rest of the "birthday" paper. Hey, I got a 2-page layout & 2 cards out of it. So not too bad.

No comments: